Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 7: Rabanal

Made it 70km today into the foothills (or really a little past the foothills) into the mountains. Tomorrow we have quite a bit of climb...because I´m crazy, I´m kind of looking forward to it. The last couple or even few days have been flat and HOT. Because we´re in the mountains, it´s cool (rained again this afternoon) which I don´t really mind. The only disappointment is that I can´t further my AWESOME farmer´s tan. It´s OK though, I have another full 4 days to work it out.

We´re staying at a really cute albergue. As usual, we have bunk beds although to my surprise, we´re BOTH on the bottom bunk tonight (yahoo). No ro sham bo (spelling?) for who gets the bottom bunk. Unfortunately we haven´t seen any of our friends tonight. We seem to have lost Polish Dude and his mom as well as Chubby Smokers and the Dutch. Although, we DID ride into Astorga with Chubby Smokers but then lost them at lunch. There are 3 albergues in this town so perhaps some of our ¨friends¨are elsewhere.

I almost forgot...we have somehow ¨righted¨ourselves and we´re back on schedule...I repeat, we´re BACK on schedule. My crazy itinerary had us staying in Rabanal tonight and lookie, here we are!!! Tomorrow we have to stop somewhere before O´ceribal (I call it cerebral, probably almost a hemerage) before we´re allowed to quit. I apologize is my spelling is crap - the keyboard is Spanish AND I can´t find spell check. Oh well!

I miss my boyfriend. :(

J

No comments:

Post a Comment