Thursday, May 21, 2009

Carrion de los Condes

Jen and I made it to Carrion de los Condes yesterday afternoon. We stayed in a ¨religious refugio¨ and what do you know, Jesus didn´t send a lightening bolt after me. They actually had a really funny nun who was cracking jokes (in spanish of course) but she had people rolling around in laughter. At one point she told me I was too bonita to be on the Camino (as I was blowdrying my hair). Come on, some things don´t change!

I slept for 9 hours last night and it was AWESOME. Definitely the best sleep I´ve had since arriving in Spain. This morning I´m a little slow to get going...nothing 3 or 4 espressos won´t take care of. Jen and I have an 82(ish)km day today. We need to push as close to Leon as we can so that tomorrow we can get through that big city (large cities are a big time suck) and off to the other side.

Have I talked about the ¨chubby smokers¨ yet? They´re a pair of guys who are also biking the Camino (on the roads like us) except we keep passing them because they´re smoking on the side of the road. As Jen and I are laboring with all our crap, these two must be eating and smoking up a storm. Anywho, apparently we´re keeping the same pase.

Buen Camino!

1 comment: